The truth is, although I have a punctual heart, I've never been too punctual in practice. Adding two kids to the mix makes it that much more ridiculous. I can begin the process of leaving far in advance, be dressed way ahead of time, and have the diaper bag already packed, but something always happens to derail my best plans.
Violet sometimes takes a longer nap than expected or needs to nurse at slightly inconvenient times. Can't blame her for that.
Madeline is generally pretty cooperative, but if she feels even the slightest pressure to hurry up, she puts on the brakes. This is tricky with a newly potty-trained child because she really has to go to the bathroom before we leave the house or it could be a problem. And the process can't be rushed. She actually went a few places in the car wearing only a diaper or underwear because I didn't have time to cajole her into wearing clothes. Whatever. By the time we got to our destination, she had forgotten she was taking a stand against clothes and was more than happy to put them on.
I'm glad that we generally make our own schedule and don't have to be anywhere; it's so much fun to take our time and just do whatever we feel. I like when there's time to let Madeline stop and draw a rattlesnake on the sidewalk, for example. And lately I've been more into calling people to come over spontaneously (mostly because it works with our non-schedule), and I like that too.
There's no real moral to this story. Just don't expect to see me anywhere at a specified time: I'll be with these little cuties instead.
8 comments:
hahaha I say amen to that! It's primarily frustrating for me to be late when Dave's involved, b/c punctuality is very important to him. We haven't managed to be on time for church for several weeks now. Oops. Oh well - sometime we'll get into the groove of having three kids! :)
So true! I'll join you on this "not showing up on time for anything" venture because I already am .
I am so there with you it is ridiculous! A lot of times at the end of the day I'm like, "I forgot to go somewhere. I miss talking to people."
hahaha AMEN!
I have decided I'm on track to always be 5 minutes late, no matter how many kids I have, because somehow I'm on track to do better and better . . . but about 1 child behind. I miss the totally non-scheduled days, glad you enjoy!
Yeah my kids only make me late when my ovaries have an untimely incident or something. I think I'd rather take yours. They're much cuter.
Amen
Sarah, I love your posts. :)
Post a Comment